Water wise landscape design is more popular than ever. Some municipalities have even created incentive programs for replacing traditional landscapes with low water landscapes. Check for local incentive programs before renovation.
Examples of situations where creating a water wise landscape design from scratch would be advantageous include:
- A newly built house with no landscaping
- Renovating an overly mature or long neglected landscape
- The landscape plants use too much water
- The landscape is a boring expanse of turf
Where to start?
The first step in creating a water wise landscape design is to realistically determine your expertise level. Answer the following questions.
- Should we hire a professional or do it ourselves?
- What is the budget?
- Is there time to thoroughly research and design the property?
- How much design and plant knowledge will be needed?
- How long will it take to install?
- How much time is available for maintenance?
Landscape Plan Design Process
Landscape Design: Do it yourself or hire it done?